I have so much to tell you. Seriously, get ready. And… it’s good news.
1. I cycled today for fifteen minutes pain free. Oh, hey, God. Thanks. Prayers are answered.
2. I cycled on the COOLEST thing. It this stationary bike but it has a screen that makes it look like you’re playing a video game. You’re racing against opponents, overlooking the ocean, and the handlebars even move! Win.
So, I’m officially addicted. I was sweating within minutes and haven’t felt this great in a long time. Let’s go, spiffy, high-tech bike. You and me, again tomorrow.
On a food-related note, this dish is super full of flavor. Herbs and lemon and deliciousness.
Herbed Lemon Quinoa & Cannellini Bean Dish
Adapted from Food and Wine
1/2 c quinoa
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp lemon juice (ex: bottled lemon juice)
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1/2 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp thyme, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried parsley
Pinch of black pepper
Zest of 1 lemon + juice of half lemon
1. Cook quinoa according to directions.
2. In a small skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes, stirring. About 5 minutes in, and the 1/2 tbsp lemon juice.
3. Add cannellini beans to onion mixture, and add thyme, parsley, and pepper.
4. Combine quinoa and bean mixture, then add lemon zest and fresh lemon juice.