I’ve done it again. Something caprese and delicious.
Something about caprese + carbs is delicious. A perfect marriage of fresh and hearty.
When you bake this, the mozzarella gets all melty and gooey and perfect.
Just make this, close your eyes, and pretend you’re in Italy. Maybe make a Bellini while you’re at it. And a cannoli for dessert?..
4 whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 plum tomato, sliced
1/4 c fresh basil leaves, torn or julienned
1/3 c fresh mozzarella
3/4 c tomato sauce
Shredded Italian cheese blend
1. Cook noodles according to directions.
2. Drain noodles and lay out on a flat surface (ex: aluminum foil over cookie sheet).
3. Place tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil evenly on noodles, such as some on each end and some in the middle.
4. Roll noodles up and place in baking dish.
5. Pour tomato sauce over noodles, and sprinkle shredded cheese and breadcrumbs on top.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes on 350°F.