Sometimes in life, you just need to word-vom.
1. J got a Pinterest so that I can send him funny pins and so that he can pin things on a board that he wants me to make. It’s a win win.
2. I created a new Instagram account! @skinnymuffin_tiu! It’s my Tone It Up account so the people who follow me and don’t want to hear about all my fitnessy stuff can just look at kitten pictures all.day.long.
3. I went to Boston! It was 14 hours in the car up there and a little over 12 hours back. But totally worth it. Roadtrips are both grueling and amazing because you get to bond with whoever you’re stuck in the car with. Also: read Dane Cook and Barney’s Get Psyched Mix from How I Met Your Mother.
4. That little precious nugget that I adopted? He’s a scoundrel. He RUNS out the door – like, the door to the outside – any time I open it. Uh, talk about panic attack. The other night, J was making dinner and all of a sudden Caribou went UNDERNEATH the counter. Like, underneath the counter and the cabinets and all that madness. J was about to get his tools out, I was cursing and about to put a work order in (WHY IS THIS THING BROKEN SO MY CAT CAN GET IN?!) when Caribou casually waltzed back out. There is currently a mug sitting where that little crevice is to keep the scoundrel out. Talk about life as a cat mom: stressful.
5. I have a new obsession with popsicles. Today I had a ’tilt table test’ to see if my random passing out could be related to my heart (it’s not – woo!) and I was completely bored during the 30min where you stand there and do nothing, in silence. So, I thought about popsicle flavors. Up soon: cake batter, brownie batter, 4th of July, tropical, peach… Requests?
PS: Popsicles + kittens = winning.
Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
Adapted slightly from Elephantine
1 c frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
2 packets Stevia
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
1. Mix the sugar and strawberries, then mix the strawberries in a bowl with yogurt and lemon juice.
2. Pour (scoop) into popsicle molds – mine made 3 popsicles – and freeze overnight.