I actually made these around Christmas but am sharing them now because they got lost in the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
These are great not only for Christmas but also for Valentine’s Day because… well, they are red and delicious.
I took these bad boys straight from the owner and didn’t change them (besides having vanilla milk from Starbucks because I didn’t have real milk and it needs to be thickened into buttermilk with the vinegar and soy milk just doesn’t work like that..) because the recipe was just too perfect to change. I think I might have added a little peppermint extract, so that it optional (1/2 vanilla and 1/2 peppermint extract).
So you can do it up right with your sweetie on Valentine’s Day by starting with something sweet and festive. I mean, who can resist red velvet anything, especially pancakes?
Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze
From Cooking Classy
1 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/4 c sugar
1 tbsp red food coloring
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/6 c melted butter
3 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp butter, softened
1 c powdered sugar
1/4 c milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: white sprinkles
1. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, and salt.
2. In a cup, combine milk and vinegar. Whisk and allow to sit for 2 minutes. Pour milk into a bowl and combine with sugar, eggs, food coloring, vanilla, and melted butter.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Over medium low heat in a saucepan, cook pancakes until bubbly on the top, then flip and cook until golden brown.
5. For the glaze, blend the cream cheese and butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the remaining ingredients, and drizzle over pancakes.