Peppermint madness. Put on your fat pants because these are divine.
I love oats. And I didn’t realize how much I love oatmeal cookies until…. now. For real. I’ve always been an oats-in-the-morning kind of girl but these take oats to a whole new levels. The regular oatmeal batter was delicious, and then you add some chopped candy cane Hershey kisses and it is fab.
THEN to top it all off, you dip these bad boys in white or milk chocolate, sprinkle some crushed peppermint on top, and nom. If you’re generous, you share. If you’re not, you keep them. Because they are that good.
Chocolate and Candy Cane Dipped Peppermint Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted slightly from Your Home Based Mom
1/2 c butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 + 1/8 c white wheat flour
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c old-fashioned oats
1/2 c chopped candy cane Hershey kisses
4 oz chocolate (white and/or milk)
Crushed candy cane for sprinkling
1. Cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
2. Add in vanilla and then egg.
3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and oats, and then mix into the batter.
4. Stir in the candy cane Kisses.
5. Form batter into balls and place evenly on a greased cookie sheet. Bake approximately 10 minutes at 350°F.
6. Allow the cookies to cool. Once cool, melt the designated chocolate and dip half of each cookie into chocolate. Sprinkle with candy canes.