I know what you’re thinking.
What is going on with her? Why is she making all of these desserts? Isn’t this called SKINNY Muffin? Isn’t she going to be an RD one day?
Yes. The answer to all of your questions is yes. Except the first question. The answer to that is “Christmas Fever.” I mean, how often do I get to make desserts and add peppermint to everything and not feel guilty about it? Never. Except during Christmas, because calories don’t count during the holidays (right??).
Join the calories-aren’t-real-during-the-holidays mindset with me! Make brownies! LOTS of brownies, apparently. But don’t worry, other delicious and sweet (and not brownie) things are on the To Bake list. Delicious surprises that only the boyfriend and I know about because, well, he is a sugar-fiend like I am.
In the mean time, pop these bad boys in the oven, let them cool slightly, and swirl some whipped cream on them.
Peppermint Hershey Kiss Brownie Bites*
Adapted slightly from My Mommy Style
1 c dark chocolate chips
1/4 c butter
1/4 c + 2 tbsp light brown sugar
1/4 c + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
12 peppermint Hershey kisses
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Spray brownie bites pan (or double recipe and use 9×13 and stick Hershey kisses wherever you want)*.
3. Melt chocolate chips and butter in a medium size pan over medium-low heat.
4. When melted, remove from heat and stir in sugars. Allow to cool slightly, then add in eggs and vanilla.
5. Stir flour and salt into mixture and pour batter into pan.
6. Press Hershey kisses into batter.
7. Bake for 25-30min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Enjoy alone or with whipped cream on top!