Yay for Fridays! This week has been CRAZY and the next one will only be crazier, but smart and educated people go through life more easily, right? RIGHT?!
With that hope, we are going to learn.
1. This isn’t dietetic related, but we did talk about it in class and it’s legit. And it’s a link. So you probably won’t click on it, but you should. It’s about doing squats to get free subway passes. I mean, that’s pretty legit.
2. Okay, back to dietetic things. Did you know squash is a fruit? Yes. It is. So…. I’m pretty sure that blows my mind. I mean, the battle on tomatoes has been going on long enough, but now we have squash on the fence between fruits and vegetables, too!?
3. You know that whole craze about B vitamins and how it provides you with SO MUCH ENERGY? Okay. I am here to clear that up for you. You’re welcome. Basically, the B vitamins (B6, B12, etc.) are “coenzymes” for processes and reactions in the body that provide energy. So the vitamins are not the energy providers, just the energy helpers. Does that make sense?
4. There is an average 120% increase in body fat in females during adolescence. Aren’t we all glad we are past THAT stage in our lives? [And if you’re not, I promise it gets better. Just wait until you get to the days of lipstick. That’s where I am and I’m loving it.]
5. Muscular strength peaks around 25-30 years of age. So.. since I’m 22, I am past adolescence but before my muscle mass declines? I think that calls for a celebration.
Well, there you have it. Did you learn something? You can eat your fruits and vegetables all at once, if you move to Moscow you can ride the subway for free, and don’t take energy shots because they really don’t do a whole lot except steal your money.