Today starts Halloween week. Which means all week you and I get to celebrate with some tasty Halloween foods.
I got this nifty little idea about these cheese shapes from Pinterest. Duh. That’s where all great ideas are born.
This chili is pretty intense. It’s not only boyfriend-approved, but boyfriend-made. Very hearty and with a serious kick. Great for a pre-trick-or-treating-all-night meal. And I mean, seriously. How CUTE are these??
Spooky Spicy Chili
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried basil leaves
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp hot sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 mini red peppers, finely chopped
1 mini orange pepper, finely chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 12oz package soy sausage
1 can black beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can white kidney beans
1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 can tomato soup
1 can tomato sauce
3/4 c water
Optional: Shredded Mexican cheese + cheese slices
1. In a large pot, add the olive oil over medium heat and sautee garlic and onions for a few minutes, until slightly softened, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the sausage and cook to brown slightly.
3. Add the tomato soup and sauce, as well as the fire-roasted tomatoes, hot sauce, and vinegar. Stir to combine.
4. Add the remaining vegetables and beans. Add the water. Keep on medium heat for 15 minutes, then turn to low and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
5. THEN the fun part: with Halloween shaped cookie cutters, cut shapes into the cheese and place on top of soon. And/or stir in (before or after) some shredded Mexican cheese.