I joined a gym. For $10 a month.
Talk about cheap. And awesome. Except for one leeeeeeeeeettle thing. There’s this thing called the “lunk alarm.” And it’s this terrifying noise that goes off every time someone grunts, drops weights, or judges.
Hi. I can’t control my facial expressions. Does that mean if someone thinks I’m judging, they sound an alarm? Or kick me out? And we all know I have butterfingers. So should we just start now and keep a tally of how many I can rack up?
Hopefully the terrifying alarm will never go off because of me (when it went off for the first time, I actually laughed. out loud.) because I’d either laugh or run.
All of this gym talk is because I have to exercise to counteract the calories I have ingested through these muffins. Helloooo new favorite fall dessert. Or any-time-of-the-year dessert. Seriously.
Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Nutella Cream Cheese Center
Adapted from 1 Mix, 100 Muffins
8 oz cream cheese
6 tbsp Nutella (or 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 c white whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp each of ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon)
Pinch of salt
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 c milk
3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 can pumpkin
1. Combine cream cheese, Nutella and cinnamon. Put into a piping decorator or just a Ziploc bag and pipe onto plate, then freeze for a couple hours.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar in a bowl.
3. In a separate bow, combine eggs, milk, and butter. Add to flour mixture.
4. Add pumpkin and mix until just combined.
5. In a muffin tin, fill cups 1/3 way up, then but put cream cheese dollop onto. Then spoon additional batter to cover.
6. Bake 17-20 minutes, or until slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.