Friday is here! I only had two days of class because of fall break, but I’m scrounging up information to tell you about. You’re welcome.
Also, this is all about baking. Get psyched.
1. The difference between a biscuit and a scone is that scones are sweet, with eggs, milk, cream, and nuts/dried fruits added while biscuits are not sweet and do not contains these extra ingredients.
2. When making crepes, it is important to let the batter sit for 1-2 hours to allow the air to escape, because you do not want to crepes to ‘rise.’
3. When making biscuits, it is important to press down with your thumb to make an indentation on the biscuits after they are cut from the dough and sitting on the baking sheet. This allows them to cook evenly. [As shown below, I did not do that. Biscuit newbie.]
4. Baking powder is actually baking soda + cream of tartar.
5. French bread goes stale quickly because there is no sugar or fat to preserve it.
Now, go bake.