Here we are again. Friday, how lovely it is to see you. Who wants to learn?!
1. There is a special bacteria, Propionibacteria, that they add to cheese to give the holes found in Swiss cheese.
2. Scientists have found a new treatment for diabetes that uses the spit from a Gila monster.
3. Fiber decreases cholesterol levels by binding to bile and eliminating it, therefore forcing the body to use LDL to make new bile. Having to use LDL to make bile means there is less in circulation, therefore lowering LDL cholesterol levels.
4. The watery part found on top of cottage cheese and yogurt is actually the whey protein. Don’t pour it off! Either stir it in or just scoop it up when scooping the dairy product.
5. The blue part of Blue cheese is actually edible mold.
There you have it, folks. Another weeks worth of fascinating facts!