Can I tell you a secret?
I’m a tiny bit excited for Christmas. Not crazy excited, but I was going through my Pinterest boards and looked at all the delicious peppermint and chocolate recipes in my holiday board. Holy goodness I can’t wait. But I can. Can we just make peppermint a year round thing? AND now that I have an apartment, I can decorate it. Ooooh, let the crafts begin.
Okay. Back to normal things. Like pasta. Pasta is a year round dish. This pasta is a little bit summery, with the lemon zest and juice and the fresh zucchini.
What I like about this dish is that you can eat it hot right after you make it or cold the next day as leftovers.
Lemon Zucchini Pasta
Adapted from Oh My Veggies
7 oz whole wheat rotini (half a box)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
Pinch of dried thyme
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/4 c feta cheese (I used tomato and basil)
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tbsp lemon juice
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. Put 1 tbsp olive oil in pan over medium low heat. Place minced garlic directly into olive oil and cook, allowing garlic to fragrance the olive oil.
3. Add zucchini and saute until slightly softened. Raise the temperature to medium and stir, for about 5-8 minutes.
4. Add spices and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Combine zucchini mixture with pasta, then add parmesan, feta, lemon zest and juice.