Sometimes life is tough.
It’s cloudy on your day off, you have to leave your cat at home as you move into your new apartment, and you can’t seem to stick to your 100-pages-of-Harry-Potter-a-day plan.
I have made some macaroni and cheese for you. Macaroni and cheese solves all of the world’s problems. It’s a comfort food. I remember when I was younger, my friend and I would eat macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets. We would eat that, while sitting on the deck and chitchatting. It was just our thing.
While I don’t do chicken nuggets, I can make some mean mac ‘n’ cheese. And it’s individual style, which is the best part. So if you’ve been out shopping for apartment things (sadly, not a cat), and you need a quick meal, you can whip up this mac ‘n’ cheese.
Don’t stress. Mac ‘n’ cheese to the rescue.
Caprese Mac ‘n’ Cheese
3/4 c elbow macaroni
2 tbsp soymilk
1 tbsp butter
1/2 c + 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella
1 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 tomato, chopped
2 tbsp fresh basil, shredded (just cut with scissors)
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. In a saucepan, combine soymilk and butter over medium heat. Stir until melted.
3. Add cheese into milk and butter mixture, and stir until combined.
4. Add pasta, tomatoes and basil into cheese sauce, then pour into ramekin.
5. Sprinkle remaining cheese and breadcrumbs over pasta, and bake for 7 minutes at 400°F.