It’s the weekend. And not just any weekend, but girls weekend.
My close friend from childhood is visiting me from Raleigh and I am super pumped. She is staying both nights, and we are having the best of both worlds. One night on the town, and one night straight up sleepover style.
Translation: pajamas, cooking, baking, movies, popcorn, massages, nail polish, and girl talk.
Since it’s the weekend and you might not have a galpal to look forward to, I made you some pancakes. I had them for dinner but I think they would be even better on a Saturday morning. Nice, fresh, and delicious as you sip your coffee and watch the birds chirp.
Peaches are a delicacy this time of year. They are sweet, juicy, fragrant, and perfect with just about anything. Throw them on a salad, in a smoothie, on some yogurt or granola or, my favorite, in some pancakes.
While my love for pancakes isn’t quite as intense as this girl’s, and my ability to create fabulous pancake creations pales in comparison, I would like to think of myself as a close second. I mean, I do love me some pancakes.
Peaches and Cream Pancakes
1 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg white
1 c soymilk
1/4 c plain Greek yogurt (or peach!)
2 tsp vanilla
1 peach, thinly sliced
1. Combine flour and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg white, soymilk, yogurt and vanilla.
3. Add liquids to solids and stir until combined.
4. Spoon about 1/4-1/3 cup batter, depending on the desired size of the pancakes, into a greased pan over medium heat.
5. Add peach slices onto batter, then flip when starting to bubble.
6. Top with peaches and syrup, and whip cream and cherry if desired.