I just finished the Harry Potter book #4.
And guys, I’m about to have a nerdy moment. But this is seriously the funniest thing if you’ve read the 4th Harry Potter book. I died. Neither my mom nor my boyfriend thought it was funny, but I loved it. Even looking at it now, I still get a chuckle out of it.
But I have calculated, and if I read 100 pages a day, I can finish the last three books before school starts. That’s not too daunting, is it? I mean, what else am I doing? I can’t exercise because of my back AND my knees now (yes, don’t even get me started), I don’t have a real job – I can actually read at the job that I have – and my days consist mostly of Pinterest and watching Desperate Housewives on Netflix. Maybe some cooking in between.
Here we go. 100 pages, every day. Come at me, Harry Potter series.
Nutella Swirled Banana Bread
Adapted from My Recipes
1 c whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c butter, softened
1 egg + 1 egg white
3 bananas, mashed
1/3 c plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c Nutella
1. Whisk together flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
2. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until well combined.
3. Add eggs, on at a time, to the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Add the vanilla, yogurt, and bananas, and mix until combined.
5. Add the flour mixture until just combined.
6. Pour into a greased bread pan.
7. Dollop Nutella on top and swirl.
8. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool in for a few minutes in pan, then cook completely on wire rack.