Happy birthday, Mom!
Today is my mom’s birthday. And if you have followed this blog for a hot minute, you know about her obsession with cupcakes.
For past birthdays, I have made lime cupcakes with blackberry buttercream, mocha brownie cupcakes, as well as coconut cupcakes with white chocolate buttercream and peppermint mocha crunch cupcakes for Mother’s Day and Christmas celebrations.
Cupcakes galore. For her birthday, I also gave her a cupcake tablespoon set and a cupcake mug.
These cupcakes are the ones she picked out of long list of cupcakes.
And man did she do good. Seriously, these are divine.
Mango Malibu + a hint of green = delicious cupcakes for celebration nation.
Coconut Lime Malibu Cupcakes
Adapted slightly from Bananamondaes
1 stick butter
1/2 c sugar
1 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 shot Mango Malibu rum
1/4 c light coconut milk
Zest of a lime
1/4 c shredded coconut
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 c) butter
2 c powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp orange extract
2 capfulls Mango Malibu rum
Green food coloring
1. Cream butter and sugar in a mixer. Add eggs in, combining well between additions.
2. Add in flour and baking powder.
3. Add coconut milk and rum.
4. Fold in zest and coconut.
5. Bake in muffin tins for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean, at 350°F.
6. Once cool, frost with Malibu frosting.
7. To make frosting, beat butter in mixer. Add in powdered sugar, then mix in vanilla and orange extracts and rum.