Sometimes you want a muffin. Something decadent and sinful and loaded with chocolate and calories.
And sometimes you eat everything around you for a month between grad week, graduation, being sick, and a bachelorette party… and you need something healthy but tasty to eat. Insert: these muffins.
These muffins have 1 tablespoon of sugar in the entire batter. Well, 3 if you count the streusel, but that’s optional. Strict dieters can leave that out. Me? Not a strict dieter. Just a “I should probably chill out with the Cookout milkshakes and Chex Mix for a bit and focus on healthier foods.”
Healthy doesn’t have to taste bad, people. These bad boys are mom-approved. And that says something.
Also, don’t mind the change in muffins. The sun came out and made the lighting all caraaazy.
Banana & Granola Muffins with Streusel Topping
Inspired by 1 Mix 100 Muffins
1 c flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp Sugar in the Raw (or brown sugar)
1/4 c plain Greek yogurt
1 egg, room temperature
1/4 c plain soymilk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 ripe banana
1/3 c granola
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Sugar in the Raw
2 tbsp flour
1. Combine flour, baking powder and soda, and sugar in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mash banana, then add yogurt, vanilla, egg, and soymilk.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold in granola.
4. Combine streusel ingredients by cutting butter in the flour-sugar mixture.
5. Crumble on top of muffins. Pour into muffin tin. Makes about 6 muffins.
6. Bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.