I have a new dream. To write a cookbook.
Now, nothing fancy. Just some recipes that I have made. But, the problem is I usually adapt recipes. I have very little creativity when it comes to cooking. Can I throw a wrap together or make some oatmeal? Yes, but that doesn’t mean that it’s cookbook material.
Today I will continue to make my own recipes. Not always. Geesh, pressure, people. But maybe once a week? And in 6 years I can make a cookbook? Hah! But really. Nothing published, just one of those “make your own book” websites.
Oh, also? This is good. Like, way better than I was expecting and honestly better than it sounds. Just trust me on this one.
Asian Spinach Portobello Rice Bowl
1 c brown rice
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 portbello cap, chopped
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp pure sesame oil
2 pinches of ginger
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey
1/2 c spinach
1. Cook rice according to directions.
2. Saute garlic, onion and portobello in olive oil in saute pan over medium low heat.
3. Add vinegar, sesame oil, and ginger and cook until mixed through.
4. Stir in peanut butter and honey.
5. Take off heat and add spinach. Stir until well combined and creamy.
6. Add vegetable mixture to rice and serve hot.