Yes, I did it. Thin Mint pancakes.
These pancakes were meant for (and eaten on) Fat Tuesday/National Pancake Day [aka yesterday] but sometimes plans don’t work. Instead of blogging, I donated blood.
Wait. Okay. Back to pancakes. I need to learn not to buy Girl Scout cookies because, well, I just eat them all. And find excuses to put them in things. Like pancakes. Can we brainstorm for a minute? How about a Thin Mint Martini? Thin Mintini? [Yeeeahhhhh.] Or Thin Mintshake? Or Thin Mint truffles? Or…
Make these, people. Give blood, then treat yourself. The pain is
worth it for the lessened by the pancakes.
Thin Mint Pancakes
Adapted from single lady pancakes
1/3 c flour
1 tbsp old-fashioned oats
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 c + 2 tbsp plain almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
Dash of peppermint extract
5 Thin Mint cookies
1. Combine wet ingredients.
2. Combine dry ingredients except cookies.
3. Pulse cookies in food processor until in small pieces.
4. Combine wet, dry, and cookies.
5. Ladle batter onto sprayed skillet over medium heat.
6. Flip when bubbles start to form or when cooked on other side.
7. Crumble extra Thin Mint cookies on top and add syrup if desired.