These are the ultimate veggie burgers.
Crunchy, hearty, flavorful, and man-approved. They have chopped almonds, sunflower seeds, black beans, cumin and soy sauce. If that’s not a match made in heaven, I don’t know what is.
Now, I know these photos aren’t exactly… beautiful. Again, I just want to reiterate just how excited I am for spring. For being able to take pictures again in the sunlight. And for ingesting massive quantities of fruit.
But. In the meantime, you’ll just have to bear with my crazy photos. Just know that better photos are in the future.
Crunchy Veggie Burger
Adapted slightly from Oh She Glows
1/2 c onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
Flax egg: 2.5 tbsp ground flax + 1/2 c warm water, mixed in separate bowl
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 c Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 c grated carrots
1/2 c black beans
1/3 c almonds, chopped
1/4 c sunflower seeds
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp garlic pepper
1. Saute onion and garlic clove with 1 tsp olive oil over medium-low heat in a saucepan for 4-5 minutes, or until translucent and cooked through.
2. Make flax egg by combining water and flax in a bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Combine remaining ingredients, including 1 tbsp olive oil, and add in flax egg and sauteed onions and garlic.
4. Form patties and cook over medium heat on the stove for 4-5 minutes per side with a little olive oil until browned.
5. Eat over salad or as a sandwich.