I did yoga yesterday for the first time in for.ever.
I haven’t done yoga since June. And let me tell you did it feel good. Let me also tell you that I am seriously sore, which is ridiculous. I mean, who gets sore from yoga??
Me, apparently. “Stretch more” is one of the 10 things on my resolutions list, so.. I thought I would start now. Or, rather, yesterday. Yoga once a week sounds good, right?
You know what else sounds good? This salad.
This salad is a masterpiece of deliciousness. It’s light and full of flavor and perfect for the new year. Post Christmas sweets, post New Years Eve beverages, post all of that. And into the new year, the new healthy eating, the new you.
Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad
Adapted from She Wears Many Hats
1 purple onion, diced
3 mini bell peppers (or one large), diced
1/4 c olive oil, divided in two
1/2 c orzo pasta
1/4 c feta
2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 c spinach
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Place cut vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle 2 tbsp and black pepper on top.
3. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until well roasted.
4. Cook orzo according to directions.
5. Combine orzo, vegetables, feta, and sun-dried tomatoes.
6. In a separate container, combine lemon juice, vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil and spices.
7. Pour dressing on top of salad and place salad on top of spinach.