I am 87% done with my Christmas shopping and present making.
I think that calls for a celebration, don’t you think? How about some granola? I’m just going to warn you. You better invest in a big comfy sweater and some pants with elastic because we are about to embark on some serious Christmas baking. Baking for friends. Baking for family. Baking for professors and neighbors and loved ones. Bake.bake.bake.
I mean, this is my one excuse per year to bake. Because the other 11 months I end up eating it all and gaining 7 pounds. Gross. This way I can share the love. Through baked goods.
Oh, and speaking of big comfy sweaters? People. I just found THE greatest sweater of all time at Goodwill. This thing is giant and blue and has the cutest little buttons and did I mention it’s a men’s sweater? Probably actually a grandpa sweater, which is perfect for my 80-year-old soul. It was like fate brought me to that sweater. I’m telling ya. I’m planning on living in it for the next few weeks. Don’t mind me.
PS: This girl is the bomb. I love her pictures and this was the first time I made a recipe. For the win.
PPS: I know that picture is blurry. Sorry. I still liked it.
Adapted from I Love Vegan
1 c oats
1/4 c chopped pecans
1/4 c chopped walnuts
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp cloves
4 tbsp molasses
1/2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 c dried cranberries
1. Combine oats, nuts, flaxseed and spices.
2. In a separate bowl, combine molasses and canola oil.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Spread onto baking sheet, pushing down onto granola to set well, for 10 minutes at 300°F.
5. Stir after 10 minutes, then bake another 10 minutes. Allow to cool before adding cranberries and storing.