Sometimes a girl can’t drink a whole bottle of red wine by herself.
I mean, come on. Those bottles are BIG. Some girls can, but this girl can’t. Not before it goes bad. So what to do with the extra wine? Add it to some pasta sauce. Duh.
This is a spicy, savory, easy and delicious dish that is the perfect answer for extra red wine. Don’t be afraid to add meat or veggies in there, people. Do what feels right. Do what makes you happy.
Red Wine Pasta Sauce
Adapted from The Humane Society
2 c pasta
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp canola oil
1/4 c red wine
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 c whole wheat flour
2 tbsp plain yogurt
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. Saute garlic and red pepper flakes in canola oil over low-medium heat in a saucepan.
3. Add the wine, tomatoes, oregano, thyme and pepper, stir, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Take off heat and add flour and yogurt. Stir to combine. This should thicken the sauce.
5. Add cheese and pour over pasta.