This is the story of my life.
And this woman? She knows what’s up. I am loving this whole blogosphere situation our world is currently facing. There are some seriously witty and amazing blogs out there.
But anyway, I came up with a recipe. Again. I’m on a roll. I love making up recipes. Normally, I stick to following and adapting recipes but you know what? Life is short. Experiment in the kitchen. Throw things together that seem strange. They do it all the time on Cupcake Wars.
Like goat cheese and pineapple. And mango and coriander. And tomato soup and cream cheese. I mean, whattt? Tomato soup in cupcakes?
So throw some honey, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice together and call it a dressing. Pour it on this pasta and call it dinner.
Honey Balsamic Vegetable Pasta
1 c pasta
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 yellow squash, chopped
2 mini peppers, chopped
Dash of black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic and herb Mrs. Dash
1/3 c spinach
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Cook pasta.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
3. Add garlic and onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until flavorful, stirring frequently.
4. Add squash, peppers, Mrs. Dash and black pepper. Cook another 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
5. Take skillet off heat and add spinach. Stir until spinach is slightly wilted.
6. Combine honey, vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice.
7. Combine pasta and vegetables. Drizzle dressing over pasta.