“I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health.”
This is a quote by Voltaire and I’m pretty sure it sums up my life. What is life? Well, it’s a lot of things. But for one, it’s something you need to enjoy. Do what makes you happy. Happy is healthy.
Longevity is determined by happiness, among other things. Happy people don’t live long lives. They live short, sad, pathetic lives. Be happy. Live long. Write down your favorite quote and put it on your desk or make a craft of it. Crafts are all the rage right now. They’re trendy.
You know what else is trendy? Coconut milk. I’m always seeing Jessica talk about coconut milk and I finally went to Trader Joe’s in the spring and got two cans. Win.
So, follow the trend. This curry is really easy and makes the entire house smell amazing. It also stains your spoons yellow so you probably – ahem – shouldn’t use wooden spoons. My bad.
Vegetable Coconut Curry
Adapted from Edible Perspective
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 mini orange, red and yellow bell peppers, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp mustard powder
3 dashes cumin
1 dash cinnamon
1/2 tbsp honey
3/4 of 14 oz can light coconut milk (just wing it)
Dash of salt and pepper
1/4 c carrots, chopped
Handful of spinach
1. Heat olive oil on medium in saucepan. Add onion and peppers. Cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, curry, mustard, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stir. Cook for 30-60 seconds.
3. Add coconut milk and honey and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Remove cover and add carrots and spinach. Cook another 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened. Stir every few minutes.