I’ve decided several things.
1. Channing Tatum and I should get married. I thought I wanted Ryan Gosling but after seeing Magic Mike, I changed my mind. And we both like breakfast so much. I think it’s fate. I would make him pancakes anyday.
2. Since I’ve chosen Channing over Ryan Gosling – sorry, Ryan – I’ve decided that Ryan and Emma Stone should get married. And maybe they can live next to Channing and me? We could be neighbors. Pancakes for everyone!
So breakfast. I love breakfast. It’s the only thing that gets me out of this plush, perfect, warm bed in the mornings. I have an excessive number of pillow that surround me like a cloud and the perfectly weighted amount of blankets and comforter that cling to my body and keep it an appropriate temperature at night… let’s just say it’s a tough choice. Food or sleep?
Well, since I like to create the best of both worlds (ahem, marry Channing and live next to Ryan), I eat my breakfast in bed. But you probably know that. And since I don’t drink coffee, this gives me just a bit of a mocha-flavored kick.
Chocolate Espresso Granola
Adapted from How Sweet Eats
2 c old-fashioned oats
1/4 c wheat germ
1/8 c chia seeds
1/8 c flaxseed
1/4 c almonds
1 tsp espresso powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 c shredded coconut
1/4 c honey
1 tbsp canola oil
1/4 c chocolate chips
1. Combine all. If granola seems a bit dry, add extra honey.
2. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, at 375°F.
3. Place in a container to allow to cool for more of a crunchy, chunky granola. Or allow to cool flat on a cookie sheet for a lighter, thinner granola.