I keep an online journal.
It’s this really cool thing called “Oh Life” and it sends you an email every day asking “How did your day go?” and you just reply to the email and it saves it. I like it because I suck at keeping journals but this is an email that reminds me. And I hate not answering emails, so therefore I have to respond.
Well, I have had this journal for a little over a year. And every email has a past entry at the bottom, which is totally cool. I love reminiscing about where I was a year ago. So, today when I was responding and telling this little journal about my day, I looked at the “one year ago” entry. One year ago, I sliced open my finger on a fudge can at the yogurt shop.
Dumb. But anyway, I apparently didn’t have any spaces in my entry. Well, I did because I had fixed it, but I actually said in my entry “you can’t tell because I keep fixing it but almost every word doesn’t have a space because my right thumb is immobile and doesn’t hit the space bar.”
And then I started typing, and sure enough – my left thumb does not push the space bar. It touches it but no pressure is applied. My right thumb does all the work. How weird is that! Fun fact: even though I’m left handed, my right thumb presses the space bar. And when capitalizing, I only press the shift with my left pinky.
Remember typing class? Did you ever play Word Shark? I LOVED that game. So. Fun. But yes, I still have the whole “asdf jkl;” rhyme memorized. Oh, those were the good old days. Now I’m learning about benzene and dienes and Diels-Alder reactions.
Trust me, you don’t want to know.
Cumin Lime Zucchini Quesadilla
Adapted slightly from Naturally Ella
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1/2 tbsp honey
2 whole wheat tortillas
Non-fat plain yogurt
1. Whisk olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, lime juice and zest, and honey. Pour over zucchini and marinade for 30 minutes.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, saute the zucchini (no need to add extra oil – they already have some from the marinade).
3. In a skillet over medium heat, spray the skillet with Pam. Place the tortilla on the skillet and add some cheese and half of the zucchini mixture.
4. Fold in half and cook each side for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
5. Combine ingredients for sauce and spoon on top of quesadillas.