Do you watch Pretty Little Liars?
I should probably not admit that I do, seeing that I am older than 14, but I just watched the season premiere last night and DANG. When did it turn into a scary show?
I mean, last night I was seriously on my toes for a couple parts. Mona?! She is terrifying. And Emily? Walking around like a creepster?
That show used to be all bows and frills with a stalker but now it’s a full on scary, horror, murder show with teenagers and a little bit of fashion.
However, I do love Aria and Ezra. Are they perfect or what? I’m pretty sure every girl who watches that show just swooooons when he turns up in the screen.
But back onto the topic of food, this stuff is legit. Like, delicious. These sweet potato cakes are out of this world moist and perfect in a salad or plain with some blackberry salsa. My mom tried some the next day and you could just see the look in her eyes, pleading “Can I pleeeease have the last one?” Yes, Mom.
Sweet Potato Cakes with Blackberry Salsa
Adapted slightly from How Sweet It Is
Sweet Potato Cakes:
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tbsp basil olive oil
1/2 c cooked quinoa
1/4 c italian bread crumbs
1/4 c finely grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c blackberries, mashed
1/4 onion, finely diced
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp chopped fresh basil
1. Heat large skillet over medium-low head and add olive oil. Add onions, salt, pepper and sweet potato, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
2. Add garlic to skillet and cook for another 30-60 seconds.
3. Transfer potatoes to bowl and mash with a fork. Add quinoa, bread crumbs, cheese, and basil. Mix thoroughly. Add egg as a binder.
4. Form patties in your hands and cook on medium heat on skillet with a little olive oil until brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Combine salsa ingredients and spoon over sweet