I did it. I jumped on the band wagon. I swear, iPhones are taking over the world. And I’m contributing to it.
Today, I got an iPhone. Just a simple 4S little guy. Non of that talking lady stuff. She’s weird… And I always ask her to “tell me a joke” on my friends’ iPhones and she either doesn’t understand me or doesn’t know any jokes. Hmph. Then I don’t need you.
I’ve already downloaded Instagram. I cannot wait until I have a need to take pictures. Skinny Muffin is about to have a whole new look due to the vast amount of Instagram photos coming in. Get ready, Skinny Muffin. Vintage photos are taking over!
On to food. Biscuits are a thing of the south. Biscuits and sweet tea go hand in hand in North Carolina. And fried chicken and barbecue… I think. I don’t know anything about that nonsense.
Go. Go make some hearty, grainy, cheesy, flaky biscuits. They’re fast and easy and will turn anyone into a biscuit-lover.
Whole Wheat Parmesan Biscuits
Adapted slightly from 100 Days of Real Food
2 c whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c unsalted butter, chilled, plus a little extra for brushing on top
3/4 c grated parmesan
1 c buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix with a whisk.
3. Cut the 1/2 stick of butter into pea size pieces and mix into flour with a fork by mashing the piecs.
4. Stir in the grated cheese.
5. Pour in the milk and mix together.
6. Knead the dough with your hands 8-10 times and then put dough onto a cutting board dusted with flour.
7. Be sure to have flour on your hands. Pat the dough until it’s about 3/4-inch thick.
8. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the dough and place onto a greased baking sheet.
9. Brush the extra melted butter onto the biscuits.
10. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned.