Have I mentioned that I am on a breakfast kick?
Oatmeal, muffins, smoothies, granola, pancakes… You name it. If it’s a breakfast food and doesn’t involve meat, I probably love it and have been obsessing over it lately.
On Pinterest, I have about a bazillion muffins tagged. I love muffins. I love that you can make a lot or a little, freeze them or eat them right out of the oven. And they’re perfect for on the go food. They come in handy when I’m in the Exercise Science lab for hours upon hours each week and need some brain food to keep me sane.
These muffins are banana muffins. I bought one of those cheap bags of ripe bananas the other day, and let me just tell you, those bags are a steal. Bananas are so versatile.
These muffins weren’t quite as a moist as the applesauce muffins, but they were still good. Actually, my roommate’s boyfriend ate one, and that is the only thing he has even considered trying that I’ve made. Basically, the muffins were a win.
From Monkey See Monkey Do
3/4 c all purpose flour
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. Mash bananas in a separate bowl and add sugar, egg, applesauce, and vanilla.
4. Combine banana mixture with flour mixture.
5. Pour into muffin tins with liners.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until done in the middle (knife or toothpick comes out clean).