What to do if there is a boy cooking in your kitchen:
Don’t panic. Sometimes this happens. This is the first time this has ever happened, and it happened twice (twice!) this weekend. The first time, I was totally tripping out. Let’s just say, this was the first time he had ever made macaroni and cheese, and I was a nervous wreck because I’m very controlling in the kitchen. It’s not one of my better qualities.
However, if this occurrence happens to be over breakfast food, definitely don’t panic. Grab some coffee or tea, sit down, and just enjoy. The pancakes were fantastic and totally impressive.
Boys usually know their way around the kitchen when it comes to breakfast.
I have a totally new perspective on boys in the kitchen.
Creamy Mozzarella Elbow Macaroni
Adapted slightly from Mueller’s
8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 c butter
3 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 c milk
2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 c garlic and cheese croutons
1. Cook pasta for 9 minutes.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. In medium saucepan, melt butter and add flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook until smooth and bubbly and add milk.
6. Cook and stir over medium heat until boils, simmer 1 minute, and stir this whole time.
7. Gradually mix in cheese. Stir over low heat until cheese melts.
8. Add pasta and mix. Pour into 2 quart casserole dish.
9. Top with croutons and bake for 25 minutes.