If it were socially acceptable to wear men’s clothes in public, I would. All the time.
Let’s be real. Men’s clothes are so much more comfortable that women’s clothes. They’re looser and soft and the colors are normally deeper, like navy and grey. I like wearing navy and grey.
I also like spelling that word like “grey” rather than “gray.” And I spell it “theatre” instead of “theater.” I secretly am British. Not really, but that’s okay.
I own a men’s sweatshirt, pullover jacket, sweatpants, flannel shirt, undershirt and boxers. Yes, I bought them all myself. Yes, I wear them proudly. In my apartment. I do wear the pullover in public. I rock it in a “boyfriend jacket” kind of way. With tight jeans and cute earrings.
Life is all about balance, people.
Cranberry Apple Quinoa
1/2 cup quinoa
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 red apple, diced
Handful of almonds
1 tsp. vanilla
Handful of dried cranberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Cook quinoa.
2. Toast almonds in a separate pan for a couple minutes over medium heat.
3. In another pan, cook onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add cinnamon and stir.
4. In another pan, saute 1 tsp olive oil with apples and vanilla. Cook until golden but not mushy.
5. Add apples to pan with garlic. Add quinoa, almonds and cranberries. Stir to combine and heat through.
6. Flavor with a bit of maple syrup.