Yesterday was my blog’s first birthday. A one year blogiversary.
Yes, I am a terrible blog mother (is that a thing?) and I forgot my blog’s first birthday. However, I made up for it by baking cupcakes.
Obviously, baking cupcakes makes up for everything.
The baking was quite an experience. I went to my friend’s new apartment and he teased me mercilessly about random, lovely things in life. Between the pomegranate wine, the Goo Goo Dolls music, and the half aprons we were wearing, it was nothing short of an adventure.
Cupcakes for 4
Doubled from How Sweet Eats
2 egg whites
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 pinches of salt
3 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 4 muffin tin places (cups?) with Crisco and flour.
2. Mix egg whites and sugar until combined.
3. Add vanilla and butter. Mix.
4. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk.
5. Pour equally into 4 muffin tin cup things.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Basically, bake until they’re done.
1/3 stick butter, softened
3/4 powdered sugar
1/3 tsp vanilla extract
1.3 ounces chocolate, melted
1 tbsp milk (maybe a little less…)
Cream butter. Add vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar. Add chocolate and get boy with crazy muscles to be an electric mixer for you. Add milk. Continue to have crazy muscular boy mix. Frost cupcakes.