1. Wear a flowy dress. No jeans buttons pressing into your ever expanding belly.
2. Avoid awkward “Any fellows? Do you have a boyfriend?” questions from grandmothers, aunts, and uncles. Just smile and pretend you hear your phone or something.
3. Always leave room for dessert. Eating those last few bites of sweet potatoes is not worth it. The pumpkin cheesecake is.
4. Exercise the day before. If you burn a lot of calories the day before, you can make up for it by eating an excessive amount.
5. Merry Berries make everything better. (Champagne + cranberry juice)
I probably should have added this before Thanksgiving, but we’re just preparing for next year.
Sundried Tomato and Feta Quinoa
Inspired by Natural Noshing
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup feta
2 tbsp sundried tomatoes
1/4 cup olives, drained, chopped and rinsed
2 tbsp capers
1 tbsp olive oil1
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Cook the quinoa in 1/2 cup water. Boil it for 5 minutes then set aside for 10 or so (read the instructions according to package).
2. Mix remaining ingredients.