My friend Jake celebrated his birthday this past Tuesday and Wednesday because two days of birthday are better than one. We went to Chili’s and had a ball. Our super awkward waiter liked to talk to himself and forgot the words to the Chili’s birthday song. It was quite entertaining.
Double Chocolate Birthday Cookies
Adapted from Love from the Oven
1 stick cold butter, cubed
1/2 and 1/8 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/8 cup flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Spray baking sheet with Pam or use parchment paper.
3. Combine butter and sugar with a mixer. Beat until fluffy (2-3 minutes).
4. Blend in egg.
5. Mix in cocoa powder.
6. Add salt, flour and baking powder and mix.
7. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. The dough is VERY thick. Like, seriously thick. So don’t get frustrated.
9. Make little cookie dough balls and flatten slightly with bottom of cup if desired.
10. Bake approximately 16 minutes.