Do you know what is tragic?
Borders is closing. Borders is like my… fifth home. After my real home, my college home, the gym and… my work place, I guess.
I went to day because they’re having a liquidation and guess what. Only 10% off. Come on, people. Give me 50% off or more if you want me to buy something! This economy is terrifying and I ain’t paying no more than $7 or $8 for a book.
‘Scuse my language. I’ve been reading this and it is affecting my grammar.
“Well, y’all go on an fix up some supper for ya. Eat they green beans fore they go bad..”
Yes, things like that. It is, however, a fantastic book.
Fancy Green Beans
Adapted from Paula Deen (y’all..)
2 tbsp stir fry sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (or more, if desired.. I love lemon juice…)
Giant handful of green beans
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper strips
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup almonds
1. In a small bowl, stir together sauce, sesame oil and honey.
2. Fill a bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
3. Boil water and add beans. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain and blanch (dump) in ice water. Drain again.
4. In a skillet, sauté the pepper and onion. Add the beans, almonds and dressing.
5. Squirt lemon juice for taste and add salt and pepper.